From time immemorial, India has been a centre for learning. India has a very strong University system, with 354 universities and thousands of colleges affiliated to them, 428 engineering colleges and technological institutes, more than a 100 medical colleges, scores of agricultural institutes and many other specialized centres of learning and research in every subject and discipline, India can claim its position as one of the leading countries providing quality higher education to its people as well as to students and scholars from countries all over the world.
Choosing an Institute:
- For complete information on Indian universities, and courses available, click on the website of the Association of Indian Universities: www.aiuweb.org
- Grading of Indian universities are available at www.naac.gov.in
- Foreign Students can also apply through Educational Consultants India Ltd.(Ed.CIL), a Government of India enterprise that facilitates admissions and is a one step window for foreign students. Ed.CIL gives advice on suitable colleges and programmes after ascertaining the student’s requirement. www.edcil.co.in
- For admission to all undergraduate courses, universities/institutes of higher education in India require candidates to be in possession of Higher Secondary/GEC ‘A’ level/ any other examination equivalent to 10+2 stage of Indian qualification (12 years of schooling) with subjects related to their chosen area of study. However, for entry into diploma programmes, the qualification should comprise of 10 years of schooling.
- Additional requirements, if any, as per the course sought to be pursued.
- Detailed information on Education and Higher Education is available at the website http://mhrd.gov.in
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) awards scholarships for regular courses of higher studies:
- The scholarship is awarded in almost all the disciplines of regular study and also for classical dance,
- music, fine arts, etc. in India.
- Applications should be routed through Embassy of India, Minsk and not directly sent to ICCR.
- Applicants are advised to go through the ‘University Handbook’ at the Embassy to choose a University and a course.
- The applicant must be fluent in English
- The scholarship details are available at http://www.iccrindia.net/students.html
For details of the courses and scholarships, please contact the ITEC/Education Wing of the Embassy of India:
Email: email@example.com; Tel: 00375-17-2372284